This is a really mild, creamy curry that we love served with rice and Dhal.
2 Tablespoons of oil
1 small onion
2 cloves of garlic
About 1cm piece of root ginger
½ teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon ground coriander
¼ – ½ teaspoon ground chilli
¼ teaspoon garam masala
2 ripe tomatoes
800 grams boneless chicken (breast/thigh, cut into chunks)
150mls thick cream
200 grams baby spinach (I use a bag of pre-washed baby spinach)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over moderate heat. Fry the chopped onion then add the crushed garlic and finely chopped ginger. Add the spices and cook for a further minute.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes and add to the saucepan. Fry over a gently heat for about 7 minutes, or until cooked down to a pulp.
- Increase the heat to high and add the chicken. Fry until pieces turn white.
- Season with salt and black pepper, pour in the cream and simmer for about 6 minutes.
- Add the spinach and stir until it wilts.
- Serve with rice.