Nice hearty non-vegetarian soup!
- 2 Beef Bones, around 600g
- Water, 1½ liter
- Beef Stock, 500ml (I use Campbell’s Real Beef Stock – salt reduced)
- Bay Leaves, 2
- Onion, 1 – chopped fine
- Leek, ½ – chopped fine
- Pearl Barley, ⅓ cup or less
- Red Lentils, ½ cup
- Celery, 2-3 stalks – chopped
- Carrots, 3 – half grated and rest chopped
- Parsnip, 1 – chopped
- Silverbeet, 3 leaves – chopped
- Salt and Pepper (lots of white pepper)
Simmer beef bones, water, stock, bay leaves and onions for 2 hours or till meat fall of bones.
Then add pearl barley and leeks.
30 min later add all the rest but silverbeet. Add silver beet at end.
Taste for salt and pepper.
Take out meat and bay leaves.
Can be frozen.