August 16, 2011 by bambina
Here is the recipe more or less
- Bring lamb casserole chops to room temperature
- Oven on 160
- Chop 1/2 Red OnionÂ and 1/2 brown onion and brown (can just be brown)
- Add spices: Curry powder( small tsp), bit off cinnamon and turmeric (can also add cumin and coriander)
- Remove from casserole
- Sprinkle lamb with onion salt, garlic powder, turmeric and Ina Paarman Garlic & Herb (optional)
- Dust with flower
- Add onions back
- Add Spanish fortified wine (sherry or red wine) – evaporate
- Tomato paste, half or pot
- Chicken stock, 250ml
- Oxtail Soup Powder , 1/4 sachet mix with a bit of hot water
- Add big chunks of carrots and potato (this can be added half way through )
- Oven for 2-3 hours on 160
- Add 1/4 cabbage chopped 30 min before finish
Serve with greens and a bit of rice to suck the sauce up.
Category Mains, Stews & Casseroles | Tags: | 1 Comment
August 15, 2011 by bambina
Lekker beskuit vir almal om te proe!
Only healthy if you use light margarine not butter. This is a half recipe. I use two loaf tins to bake.
Oven on 180Â°C
Add below together:
- Self-raising Flour, 500g
- Digestive Bran, 2 Â½ cups (Wheat Bran)
- Salt, 3.5ml
- Sunflower seeds, 1 cup – toasted slowly in pan
- Pecan nuts ( or walnuts) , Â½ cupÂ – crushed a bit
Melt below together:
- Butter (or Sunshine Light Margarine), 250g
- Brown Sugar (sticky dark type makes less sweet), 1 cupÂ – Chelsea Dark Cane Sugar
Then add and mix:
- Olive Oil, Â¼ cups
- Buttermilk, 250ml
Add all the above ingredients together.
Push into cake pan/loaf tin.Â Slice carefully to desire beskuit size before you add to oven (use plastic tool on non-stick tins!). This makes it easier to cut once baked.
Bake for 40-45min on 180Â°C
Take out and pack out on baking tray. Fan bake on 100C for 4-5 hours (can leave the door ajar slightly if oven too hot). Take out when hard and dry.
Beskuit can be frozen if you wish to be so silly. Good for when you double this recipe.
Category Cakes & Loaves, Sweets | Tags: | 3 Comments
August 15, 2011 by bambina
I used Chicken but it is supposed to be prawns.
- Lemon Grass
- Tomato Paste, heaped tsp
- Char-grilled Peppers, 4 small ones in jar
- Coriander, bunch
- Chilli, 1
- Garlic, 2 cloves
- Ginger, 2cm cube
- Kaffir Lime Leaves, 4
- Olive Oil, 2 tbsp
- Soy Sauce, 2 tbsp
- Fish Sauce, 1 tsp
- Sesame Oil, 1tsp
Add above in blender and mix well.
Brown chicken and then add paste.
- Sugar Snap Peas
- Coconut Milk
Add something green like frozen greens. Add coconut milk and simmer for a few minutes (not boiling)
Serve with cooked rice (Jamie did an awesome Jasmine rice with a Jasmine flower in) and cucumber salad.
- Ginger, 1-2cm chunk finely grated
- Sesame Oil, 1 tsp
- Olive Oil, 2 tsp
- Lime Juice, 1
- Lime Zest
- Soy Sauce, 1-2 tsp
Mix above and taste – change till just right
- Chilli, how brave are you?
- Cucumber – Sliced lengthways with potato peeler (excludes middle seeded area)
Add dressing to salad just before serving.
Category Mains, Recipes | Tags: Asian,Curry | 1 Comment