Lekker beskuit vir almal om te proe!
Only healthy if you use light margarine not butter. This is a half recipe. I use two loaf tins to bake.
Oven on 180Â°C
Add below together:
- Self-raising Flour, 500g
- Digestive Bran, 2 Â½ cups (Wheat Bran)
- Salt, 3.5ml
- Sunflower seeds, 1 cup – toasted slowly in pan
- Pecan nuts ( or walnuts) , Â½ cupÂ – crushed a bit
Melt below together:
- Butter (or Sunshine Light Margarine), 250g
- Brown Sugar (sticky dark type makes less sweet), 1 cupÂ – Chelsea Dark Cane Sugar
Then add and mix:
- Olive Oil, Â¼ cups
- Buttermilk, 250ml
Add all the above ingredients together.
Push into cake pan/loaf tin.Â Slice carefully to desire beskuit size before you add to oven (use plastic tool on non-stick tins!). This makes it easier to cut once baked.
Bake for 40-45min on 180Â°C
Take out and pack out on baking tray. Fan bake on 100C for 4-5 hours (can leave the door ajar slightly if oven too hot). Take out when hard and dry.
Beskuit can be frozen if you wish to be so silly. Good for when you double this recipe.