Quinoa, Cranberry, Lemon and Chicken salad.
- Quinoa, 1 cup
- Chicken Stock , Â¼of cube
- Lemon Juice, Â¼ cup
- Olive Oil, 2 Tbsp
- Onion, 1 – sliced finely
- Coriander, Â½ Tbsp
- Cumin, Â½ Tbsp
- Paprika, 1 tsp
- Salt, Â½ tsp
- Chicken thighs, 4 cut in strips or left over chicken
- Cranberries, Â½ cup
- Rocket Leaves or Baby Spinach
- Measure quinoa and liquid. Measure out 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups liquid.
- Rinse the quinoa. Place the quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer, and rinse thoroughly with cool water. Rub and swish the quinoa with your hand while rinsing, and rinse for at least 2 minutes under the running water. Drain.
- Dry and toast quinoa in saucepan. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in the saucepan over medium-high heat, and add the drained quinoa. Cook, stirring, for about 1 minute, letting the water evaporate.
- Add liquid and bring to a boil. Stir in the liquid and the salt or chicken stock (if using) and bring to a rolling boil.
- Lower heat and cook covered for 15 minutes. Turn heat down to the lowest setting. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Let stand covered for 5 minutes. After 15 minutes, turn off the heat and remove the pot from the burner. Let stand for 5 minutes, covered.
- After 5 minutes, remove the lid, fluff the quinoa gently with a fork.
- Once cooled, mix in lemon juice.
Make the rest
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the onion. Cook for 2 or 3 minutes, add the coriander, cumin, paprika and salt. Cook for 2 minutes. Add this to the cooled quinoa and mix well.
- Heat the second measure of oil in the frying pan. Cook the chicken, seasoning with salt and pepper as you go. Or use cooked chicken and warm in same pan
- Remove and fold through the quinoa with the cranberries and rocket/spinach.
- Serve on a platter with a splash of lemon and olive oil.