At school I was learning about cooking and these are the delicious Pikelets we made. I think you might like them too.
20 grams of Butter
1 Cup of Flour
30 grams of Sugar
2 teaspoons of Cream of Tartar
1 teaspoon of Baking Soda
1 Tablespoon of Golden Syrup
About 250mls of milk
- Melt Butter
- Mix the Flour, Sugar, Cream of Tartar and Baking Soda in a bowl.
- Make a hole in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the Golden Syrup and Egg.
- Gradually add the milk and mix carefully.
- Add melted Butter and stir gently.
- Cook in spoonfuls in a hot greased pan.
- When cold, add your favourite Jam.
I hope you enjoy eating!!