1 medium onion
2 cloves garlic
5cm piece root ginger
2 Tablespoons oil
2 teaspoons ground coriander
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
400 grams prawns
200mls coconut cream
Small bunch coriander
- Heat oil in pan, add onion and garlic and fry for a few minutes until softened.
- Add the ginger and ground coriander, cumin and turmeric. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the prawns and coconut cream and season with salt and black pepper.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Scatter chopped coriander through.
- Serve immediately with rice and garnish with coriander sprigs.
Is lovely served with my favourite, Dhal.